Friday 1 November 2019

Smooshing Technique with gold leafing!

Hello!
Happy Friday!

A new month and a new card with Thanksgiving!



I started with my Distress Oxides using ink smooshing technique. After drying added another layer with the same step. It is so quick and easy!



I used hidden leaf stencil with whipped cream sparkle paste. When the paste was partially dried, I pressed the designer leaf on it carefully and burnished well with my fingers only


Love the achieved result. They are a nice warm mix of gold, copper with just touches of rose gold, bluish-green flake which made me think of autumn leaves so I decided to go that way!
And in the last added a Thanks dotted rectangle frame with a copper thread and embellished it with some half pearls and few gold leaves. 


 A close-up view:


Happy crafting!


Supply List
Cardstocks: White and snippets of shimmer copper sheet
Stencil: Hidden leaf from Expressions craft
Die: Rectangles dotted from Sizzix
Distress Oxides: squeezed lemonade, abandoned coral, mermaid lagoon, twisted citron
Sparkle paste: whipped cream from Itsy Bitsy
Designer Leaf: Gold river from Itsy Bitsy
Leaf sequins: gold
Copper thread
Half pearls: copper

Would love to enter my project in these challenges:

17 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow, Vinita, this is so gorgeous! The vibrant colors of the oxide inks, the texture and design. Just fabulous! I love your projects!

Sherri Thacker said...

I love how your smooshing background came out and I have yet to try that gold leaf. I need to do that!! Such a pretty Fall card!

Claudia's kaartjes said...

I really like this card
Claudia

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun technique; so happy it was our challenge this week! Great idea! Your card is beautiful!

Rachelle Oltean said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the techniques you used every step of the way and it reminds me of looking at flowers in the garden after it rains and everything is sparkling with water reflections!
Rachelle : )

moknowsall said...

Wow. Reminds me of the 60’s. Nice

sandie said...

wow what fabulous texture and adore all that sparkle-you are right it does have a lovely feel of warmth to it. Thanks for joining Time Out

Joyce said...

Wow, what a fantastic background you created. it is really lovely with all those colors and textures. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Gerrina said...

Such great colours! A fine technique to do and the result is such a cheerfull background! Thank you for joining us at TIME Out!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous artsy stenciled and watercolored background for your beautiful cards, Venita. Your color blends are beautiful. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Priti Kedia Meghani said...

Beautiful card! Ink smooshing is one of my favourite techniques too. Thank you for playing along at PRIKA :)

Di said...

Wonderful card Vinita - I love the colours and texture!

Hugs

Di xx

Shweta Tapsi Khode said...

Lovely. Loved the burst of colors. Thank you so much for playing along at Prika Oct challenge. Good Luck.

-Shweta, Prika CI

Kirti's Kraft Kastle said...

Awesome.. All three are fully loaded projects!

All the best
Thank for playing along at Prika
CI Prika
Kirti Gupta

Helen said...

Wow, Vinita! Your card is gorgeous with all the wonderful colours and textures! Well done! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

BożenA said...

Your background is very artsy. It looks stunning.
Thank you for joining our challenge in HLS Watercolor.
I'm sorry to comment so late

MariLynn said...

This is stunning. Love the colors of your background.Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil challenge.