Sunday 8 September 2019

Let's celebrate!

Hello friends!
Hoping you all are enjoying your weekend!

Today I want to share a card featuring Metropolis stamp combined with cross-stitching with a summer feel on it with clouds.



Basically, I started by a white panel punching all the holes using single hole die only😊 from YNS set ( I don't own cross stitch die actually), so I can use it as a cross-stitch grid for a fun background.




Then stamped the Metropolis image onto the grid in grey ink at the bottom and clouds at the top corner later on. Then I embroidered it using wools in rainbow color to fill the colors in buildings.
Now I embroidered the rest of the blank space with white.




I outlined the image with black wool for more details.




Then I placed my sequins with seed beads to fill up the clouds in blue color.
Adhered that panel with foam dots on my card base. The sentiment is from the same set and I added some colorful stripe PP to match my design.

I just love love love the way it turned out!

Supply List

Cardstocks: white, black and shimmery light blue CS from DCWV stack
Pattern Paper: Snap life from Simple stories paper stack
Stamp: Metropolis from Paper smooches
Die: Stitched holes from YNS
Wools: red, pink, yellow, raspberry, blue, dark blue, light green
Sequins: From Die cuts and more
Archival inks: Jet black and shadow grey
foam dots
beads

 These challenges inspired me to participate here:
https://craftymilka.blogspot.com/2019/08/ilovemathchallenge14.html- grids with cross-stitch

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/08/challenge-143_29.html

8 comments:

sandie said...

My goodness his very creative and the stitching is fab and I adore the way you used the angles in the design. Amazing card, thank you for joining Time Out

ingunnsinekort said...

Great cheerfull card! Thanks for partisipating at NSHK. DT Ingunn

Linda said...

This is such a fun design .... great cross stitching there. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Gerrina said...

So sorry for the late commenting... It is so good to see more stitching on cards and this is a beautiful example! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Nancy Hill said...

Love the cross stitching that made for this beautiful card. Great details. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Let's Craft and Create and look forward seeing your next card with us soon. Nancy Hill, Design Team for Let's Craft and Create.

Jill V said...

Such a fun idea to crate a rainbow embroidered skyline - and it turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Hege said...

Wow, dette var kult.
Kreativt å bruke søm på kortet på denne måten.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

Hege.

Scratch said...

What a lovely card, and so cool using cross stitch on the card !

Thank you for joining us at Scrappelyst!

DT Linda