Saturday 6 May 2023

English Country Garden Butterflies card!

Hello everyone!

Happy Saturday!

Today I wanted to showcase the English Country Garden Butterflies stamps and experimented with the same color palette on both cards using Distress inks and oxides!

I used scattered straw, squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin, dried marigold, stormy sky, salvaged patina and forest moss inks.



For my first card, I started by blending a white panel using salvaged patina DO and the pinstripes were stamped using forest moss inks. 


I blended stormy sky ink on a white scra cut them into a strip.
Then stamped the butterfly on a white scrap piece using jet-black archival ink and colored it with ZIG water brushes using the same color palette and die-cut it. 


On my white card base I stamped the sentiment from You are, Yes you stamp set. Added the stripe panel along with blue inked stripes. 



Adhered that flutterby with another inked butterfly for more interest and dimension. Compliment it with some sky blue and sea green pearl dots.


Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration!

Happy crafting!

Would love to join these fun challenges:





 

2 comments:

Sue said...

Fabulous card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs x

Mrs A. said...

This is such a striking butterfly and sure to be noticed in the butterfly garden. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.