Wednesday 14 November 2018

STAMPlorations Guest Designer Inspirations post #3

Hello everyone!
Happy Wednesday!

Once again, time for Wonderful Wednesday Coloring inspirations for Stamplorations blog to share our coloring techniques!

Card #1 Giving Thanks to Teacher 




This is perfect for a special teacher Thank you card!
Firstly I stamped the Kathryn image on a watercolored sheet and colored it with Zig brushes and highlighted with Dark pink Glitter pen.  Don't bother if the color is out of the image, I fussy cut it. Removed the flower part and added a pencil to hold her in hand. Sorry forgot to take the picture in between coloring work.





At the bottom of my one layer card, I created a stencil pattern using DI.  Above the stencilled pattern, added a double-sided scoring tape and burnished a fine glitter in brown color very well with my finger.
I created a super fun background pattern with all the little images from the Kathryn Thanks Teacher stamp set at the white remaining space. Colored the images using Zigs again. Added Wink of Stella glitter pens to the books in dark brown and dark pink to apples.




Now on a shining vellum strip stamped one of the sentiment and heat embossed it with Black ebony EP.
Added a set of books with double-sided adhesive foam for more dimension and pencil to the image.


Supply list

Cardstock: Glossy White CS
Shining Vellum sheet
Stamp: Kathryn Thanks Teacher Stamp set from Stamlorations
Stencil: Broken Glass from Artplorations
Distress Ink:
Zig Clean Clear Real Brushes- Set of 12
Archival ink: Jet Black
Embossing Powder: Black ebony from Wow
Fine Glitter: Brown
Double-sided adhesive scoring tape
Fine outliner black pen
Foam dots


Card#2 Flowers in Rainbow colors

This card started out as an experiment. A very fun and colorful too. I might add, I wasn't sure it was going to work but I kinda dig the bold look that came out in rainbow colors!




There is no actual coloring done for them, I have used Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders with water, glossy white CS and a spritzer. The colors tend to go all over the place but it sure is fun!




Let's start with the beginning, I cut out some florals and leaves out of black CS. I created a pattern using these die cuts and using an adhesive quick stick I adhered them all on a white CS. I just sprinkled the powders on the piece directly and then sprayed water on it to activate the colors. Let it dry on their own or you can use a heat gun too.




Then I added some black and golden polka dots to create the background for more drama and textures.




Finished it off with a die cut sentiment in gold foil sheet with a black shadow- "Life is good".


Supply list

Cardstock: Glossy white and black CS
Metallic Sheet: Gold
Dies: from Cutplorations
Color Bursts: Pithalo green, violet, orange, lemon yellow, crimson pigment powders from Ken Oliver
Brusho: Cobalt blue
Enamel Accents: Black from Ranger
Stickles: Gold
Wink of Stella: Glitter pen- Dark pink

A trio of Butterfly Tags

I created three different color techniques on these pretty butterflies. I love the detailing on the butterfly images. For all my 3 tags, I used color bursts to create the background.




I die cut 3 tags out of a watercolor sheet.

On one of the tag, I spritz water on the surface and added the pigments of different shades of color bursts and blow on with a drinking straw to spread the colors. 







Then on the first tag, I directly stamped the biggest butterfly image and added a strip of the sentiment which is heat embossed with wow embossing powder in opaque bright white and I added different shades to the sentiment too using my gel pens. I love the tye and Dye effect on this one!







One of the second tag I didn't remove that tag die and used it as a stencil. I stamped the butterfly images and colored the detailing parts using glitter gel pen for some shine and added a strip of sentiment which is heat embossed in white.

And on the last remaining tag, I directly added the pigments of color bursts and then spritz with water. Both techniques are having different results.



I added some bokeh technique circles using my finger daubers and white pigment ink. And stamped some text sentiments in the background here and there. Added some blue tiny sparkly dots at some circles and at one of the edges. Using my gel pens I added more details to my circles by outlining them. And added the sentiment. Stamped two different butterfly images and colored them with my gel pens, fussy cut them.



Tied all the tags with crinkle ribbons and one with sequins ribbon. Die cut some leaves and flowers from a scrap left. And finished them off with these die cuts and some sequins.

Kindly visit and leave the comments on all other Guest Designers blog and Stamplorations blog to win $15 G.C.

Supply list

Cardstock: Textured watercolor sheet
Stamps: Trendy Butterfly#2 stamp set from Stamplorations
Dies: Trendy Spring blooms from Cutplorations; Tags from Tim Holtz
Ken Oliver Color Bursts: Pithalo green, orange, brown, violet, lemon yellow
Archival ink: Jet Black
Pigment ink: Bright white
Embossing powder: Opaque Bright white from Wow
Gel pens: Glitter pens and neon moonlight pens
Tiny dots: turquoise blue
sequins, sequin trim, crinkle ribbon

Would love to participate in the following challenges:

Teacher Thanks card:
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/2018/11/november-make-someone-smile.html
https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2018/11/hls-november-watercolour-challenge.html

https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/ltscb-115-anything-goes.html
http://craftstamper.blogspot.com/2018/11/take-it-make-it-challenge-november.html
https://www.thedailymarker.com/2018/11/day-1-the-30-day-coloring-challenge-coloring-link-up/



Colorful floral card:
https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2018/11/hls-november-anything-goes-with-dies.html



Butterfly Tags:
https://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com/2018/11/111-spin-butterfly-wheel-with-thel.html- colors(Pink and blue in the butterfly) + repeat +butterflies

http://craftstamper.blogspot.com/2018/11/take-it-make-it-challenge-november.html




22 comments:

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Fabulous projects! Great colors and design! I love backgrounds!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Your tags are STUNNING! And I love the teacher card! Too cute!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Vinita! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm finally here to see your projects and WOW what gorgeous projects you made! First of all, CONGRATS on your guest spot for STAMPlorations! You did an amazing job on all of these! I can't even pick a favourite - AWESOME job on all! LOVE the background on the floral card, so pretty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

They look so cool!

Chandhini said...

Love these colorful cards and tags. Thanks for the step by step instruction on how to do coloring using different techniques. All of them are beautiful, but my favorite is the bokeh effect on the tag.
Cheers
Chandhini

Joanna Shoemaker said...

Beautiful cards.

Esther Asbury said...

Such an adorable teacher card! I love the way you used the colorburst on your second card, and what a lovely trio of tags! Great projects full of inspiration!

Dee Earnshaw said...

love your colorful tags!!!

Mrs A. said...

3 beautifullly created tags. The colours are glorious and one of a kind. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot! You did an amazing job with all your projects! I just love all the colors you used. So Bright,& Vibrant! Beautiful work!

Theresa

Marsha said...

So much beautiful color on your cards and tags.

Dana M said...

Wow, what a beautiful collection of projects! Stunning!

brenda said...

A real bumper post Vinita, thanks so much for joining us at Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Heidi Weaver said...

What beautiful tags, Vinita. I love the bright watercolouring and the lovely die-cuts. Thanks so much for joining our HLS November Watercolour Challenge and our HLS November Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.

Anonymous said...

such a sweet teacher's thank you card and i love the colours you chose! my goodness, such a variety of creations and all lovely. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

Monika Reeck said...

the TAGS wooww love the color and how you play with them Iknew that straw technique once I ever made a card with butterfly too..so creative Vinita...the Ken Oliver color Brust Powders I never have and so great you used it Vinita..the little girl card is so so sweeett congrats on being GDT my friend
the coloring on the first card hmmm much but worthed it the apple looks so shiny yummmyy hehe
hugs
Monika

maria f. said...

Had to come tell you how cool that bold and colorful beauty with the black bloom die cuts turned out. Jumped right out of the gallery at me!

Sue - said...

My goodness you have been busy! Love your teacher thanks card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

Valerija said...

These are gorgeous!

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

Wow that is some amazing colouring with those Color Bursts Vinita, I really love how you created all your cards and tags, you're sooo creative! Have a great week! Hugs, Gwemdolyn

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Sue D said...

Love the backgrounds on your cards and tags.