Wednesday 28 November 2018

STAMPlorations Guest Designer Post #4

Hello to all!
Happy Wednesday!


Time to share some Inspiration for Wonderful Wednesday Coloring at Stamplorations with dear Renne and Gwendolyn!


Card#1
No line watercoloring with Lotus love




Beautiful Lotus flowers a hit for me as it seems they are with you too!
I stamped few of the blooms, leaves and stems using masking technique in Tattered rose DI.




For coloring, this time I used my Staedtler watercolor pencils! And added some water wash splatters, hard to see.





For the sentiment, I cut a handmade tag in black and heat embossed the sentiment in opaque bright white EP. This tag is then foam mounted on the panel. Added a double shade baker twine to finished off as an accent!
Needless to say, I had great fun painting these flowers!

Supply list

Cardstocks: White Watercolored textured sheet, black CS
Stamps: Lotus love and a sentiment from City Girl stamp sets from Stamplorations
Watercolor Pencils: Staedtler
Embossing Powder: Opaque bright white from Wow
Water brushes
Baker Twine


Card #2
Best in Me

My first card is highlighting the quote with a bunch of layered flowers!
I absolutely love the series of Typographia stamps! Not only they are wonderful quotes and easy to create custom sentiments!




First, I die cut a tag using the smallest rectangle with double running stitched rectangles and eyeletted it. Then stamped the quote using black archival ink.




I think the mix of fonts is so beautiful and really wanted to take centre stage. I made two horizontal slits along the bottom of my card front.  I started by blending my card front along with my tag with three different color dye inks. Then spritzed with water. Added some splatters with perfect pearls.
I stamped some flowers. I applied the dye inks directly on the stamp shown in the below pic.


Colored them and highlighted with glitter pens. I fussy cut apart all those leaves to make my bunch of flowers.



I just tucked all my flowers and leaves with dimensions along with my tag. I love these bunch of flowers with Perfect sentiment highlighting so well!

Supply List

Cardstock: Glossy white CS
Stamps: Typographia Romantique- Best in Me and Sweet Spring Wishes from Stamplorations
 Dies: Double Running Stitched Rectangles from Cutplorations
Archival ink: Jet Black
Dye inks: Raspberry, hot pink, lilac purple, lawn green, lemon yellow from Tubby craft
Perfect Pearls: silver
Wink of Stella Brush: Glitter clear
Wink of Stella pens: Fine glitter duct- pink, green, purple
Double shade string
Black Eyelet, eyelet settler, pink hanging ornament and shining pearl string



Card#3
Layered sunflowers


I fell in love with this Typographia Best in Me saying so I decided to make another one but combined it with a Pocket Blooms stamp set and different color palette!


 


I die cut a panel and stamped directly those pretty blooms in DO at both corners and lightly watercolored them. You can see the difference clearly. I watercolored the top corner and left the bottom corner as it is.




Then inked up the same bloom image using Curved pumpkin DI.




Then stamp that saying in black archival ink on another die cut panel and matted them.

Comment to win at Stamporations blog with my co-designers blog to win a $15 G.C. Hoping you inspired with my projects!

Happy crafting!


Supply List
Cardstocks: Glossy white CS, Black and grape wine color CS
Stamps: Typographia Best in Me stamp set and Pocket Blooms stamp set from Stamplorations
Dies: Double Crazy Double Running Stitched rectangles from Cutplorations
Distress Oxides: Wilted violet, squeezed lemonade, Hickory smoke
Distress ink: carved pumpkin, fossilized amber
Archival ink: Jet Black


Would love to join my projects in my fave challenges:

Card#1 Lotus Love
https://www.thedailymarker.com/2018/11/day-1-the-30-day-coloring-challenge-coloring-link-up/
https://lovetoscrapchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2018/11/ltscb-115-anything-goes.html
https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-56/
http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com/2018/10/november-2018-anything-goes-link-up.html









13 comments:

Dee Earnshaw said...

Fabulous creations - love the hot pink colors you used!!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the lotus design and the no-line watercoloring you did!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Just STUNNING coloring and colors you chose! I love all of these sooo much!

Marsha said...

Beautiful watercoloring!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful cards with awesome colors. Thanks for the inspiration!

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

What beautiful cards. Your no-line coloring is so stunning! I love how you did the same floral image two different ways on your last card.

Esther Asbury said...

Such bright/happy cards! Love your no-line coloring! Gorgeous!

Becca Yahrling said...

You are very talented, Vinita. I LOVE your pink lotus flowers. They are just stunning and so vibrant. As well as the 2nd card; gloriously vibrant & happy! Beautiful cards.

Jo4Him said...

Beautiful cards - love the lotus and hot pink flower card especially. Thanks for sharing

Sue D said...

Pretty floral cards. Love the sunflowers.

Grudniowe Handmade said...

Beautiful cards! Great coloring, fab backgrounds... Adorable!!!

Janis said...

Hi, Vinita! Your cards are so gorgeous!! I haven't ever tried no-line watercoloring...but you have inspired me. Thank you for sharing your techniques with us. Love your idea of making the slits to tuck the flowers in around your tag. So beautiful.
Merry Christmas!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogpspot.com

Susan Renshaw said...

Stunning cards! Must try some of these techniques!
Love the colours you have used...