Friday 30 November 2018

25 Days of Christmas Tag Day 16

Hello friends!

 There are such varieties and a lot of pretty inspiration tags to start your Christmas tags with awesome sponsors at 25 days of Christmas Tags by talented Tracey!

My tag is inspired by Day 16! I chose Emily's pretty tag with unique glittery background effects as my inspiration and I love how she replaced the letter O with a snowflake to create the word JOY.



To create my Joy word I also die cut the letter J &Y and added a metal snowflake for the letter O.
I love the colors mint hues with sugar spun, it reminded me of a sweet green watermelon with vibrant ruby red pulp!




I blended cracked Pistachio and candied apple DI for my background. Instead of applying glimmer paste ( I don't have it )I applied crystal clear Nuvo drops with my palette knife to create the shimmer.
Then I punched out some snowflakes in gold foil sheet with some white snowflakes sequins. Added the pearl dots for the impact of falling snow.  In the end, added a loop tag blended with DI and a green color twine bow.

And this is so easy and quick to make for gifting purpose to make someone smile!

Supply list

Cardstock: White CS, gold foil sheet
Dies:  Double stitched rectangles to create my own tag from Peekaboo Designs, Big Bold letters from DCAM store
Punches: Snowflake punch from Jags
Distress inks: Cracked Pistachio and Candied Apple
Nuvo: Crystal clear drops
Twine: Green sparkle single cord from Lawn Fawn
Metal charm: Snowflake
Liquid Pearls: White Opal

Would love to join the following challenges:

8 comments:

Julie B said...

Pretty festive tag.
Thanks for joining in at Uniko this time. :)

Chandhini said...

Love this tag, such a lovely color you have chosen. I adore the pretty snowflakes.

cm said...

Your ink blended background is so pretty; perfect for your lovely Joy/snowflake sentiment! It's definitely made me smile! Thank you for sharing this festive gem in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags and Uniko galleries!
~carol

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your inking is gorgeous, Vinita! Love the end result with this beautiful Joy tag!

flossbite said...

Fabulous tag. Love the colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Jane said...

The most beautiful and fabulous tag, love it! Thanks for playing along with the Uniko challenge.

Lindsey said...

I see what you mean about the watermelon colours! Fabulous tag Vinita

Linda said...

Gorgeous tag .... I love the colour combination. Thank you for playing along with the Uniko challenge ..... and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours xx