Thursday 9 July 2020

Wishing you showers of joy!

Hello friends!
Happy Thursday!

Who wouldn't have a brighter day if these little fellas appeared in their mailbox to celebrate their Birthday!
I have made a card with masking technique featuring What's up duck stamp!
I come up with this cute scene! Isn't the Froggie is so cute, a perfect companion to the duck.



My Achievements


So the first thing I did was sit down and color my images with ZIG markers.


I masked my focus panel from both the side using a masking sheet.
For this one layer card, I made my own stencil using puffy clouds. I began by positioning onto my card base. I masked it off so that only the portion of stencil would be used. Then ink blended through that portion with. Few little raindrops added the final touch using a stencil and sparkle paste.


I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it with silver metallic EP.  


Added puddle water image for my frog using DI. Added some splatters in white.


Finally, I added my cute duck and a little frog to the scene.
 Hope this brings a smile on your face with some showers of joy!

An inside view:


Happy crafting!

Supply List
Cardstock: Snippet of whisper white CS
Masking Sheets: Mudra stamps
Stamp: What's up duck from Crafyscrappers
Stencil: Raindrops from Craftangles
Die: Puffy cloud borders from Lawn Fawn
Embossing Powder: Metallic silver from WOW
Archival Ink: Jet Black
Distress Inks: chipped sapphire and mermaid lagoon
Sparkle paste: Whipped cream from Itsy Bitsy
ZIG Real watercolor brushes: a set of 12

Would love to enter in these fun challenges:
 
https://virginialusblog.blogspot.com/2020/07/julys-show-share.html- These days, I am obsessed with one layer CAS cards with one-third option only, a new technique to me!
craft challenge July 2020
http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.com/2020/07/challenge-165.html remembering the childhood days when we enjoyed in a rainy season wearing boots and playing with boats in the floating water!




14 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card with the duck under his umbrella with froggy friend!! Just love your sparkly raindrops and beautiful coloring!!

Mummylade said...

Absolutely adorable! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and cute card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

sandie said...

I just love this card Vinita and it does bring back memories of when we all used to love splashing around! You have built up the card so well-love the cloud dies and the way you added glitter to the raindrops and an inspired idea to make this puddle. Super! Thanks for joining Time Out x

Lynne K said...

Aww, that's so cute! Great colouring, and the sparkly raindrops are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Wenche said...

Herlig kort. Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

Jill V said...

This card is so adorable - your critters are beautifully coloured and perfectly framed with that gorgeus masked background. I especially love the sparkly raindrops that you added. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

VEANA R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VEANA R. said...

Hello VInita! I am so glad you join our Challenge and your card is so lovely and sweet, but our theme at Vesela hiška this month is that you must add on your project something from the nature. I am sorry, but hope you will join us again soon. hugs, Veana R. DT

Renate said...

This looks so fabulous.
Thank you for sharing this cheerful card at our challenge. I hope you will join us again.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Majda said...

Love your bright cheery card, super design too.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge at Vesela hiška as well :-)
Majda DT

Quillish said...

Aww..such a fun card for the Days gone by challenge, brings back memories! I love the clean design and those sparkly rain drops! Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani

Tracy said...

Super cute creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Hege said...

Så herlig kort.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.