Wednesday 6 March 2019

Pop up Shadow Box card!

Hello to all friends!
Happy Wednesday!

I thought it would be fun to have the viewpoint on my card as if you are looking inside through the window into my spring garden with Hummingbirds. I already know which friend will receive this special card with all my love!
It is dimensional yet fold flat to go in an envelope and easy to make too.
My box card is inspired by a very Talented Jennifer Mcguire!



This card measures 6" by 6and1/2", so when flattened it measures 4and1/2" by 5and1/2". And scored both the pieces 1/2" and 1" on the long sided to form the shadow box.
I used the dual stitched circle dies to cut the aperture and frame.


Here's what I worked on first. I stamped the flower image on a white piece of paper using my Misti for the crisp image. Colored it with my Zig pen brushes. Now stamped the hummingbird images, colored them and fussy cut out all those images. Love the rainbow colors on my Hummingbirds! Outlined all the images using my artist black pen. 


Added wink of clear glitter Stella pen to Hummingbirds.



Some stencilling has done to create more interest on my front panel.



Now created the whole scene adding my hummingbirds on acetate at inside flap and it is movable!

A closer view:



Then I worked on the back of the box card, adding some circle frames, a sentiment and some stamping.


A small video, hummingbirds in action!
I am so pleased how pretty it turned out!

Supply List

Cardstocks: Whisper white CS, raspberry and light ping CS
Stamps: You are amazing stamp set from Craftyscrappers; circle sentiments from Reverse Confetti; Best friends from Kaisercraft
Stencil: Abstract patterns from Craftyscrappers
Dies: Dual stitched circle from Peek-a-Boo designs and Nesting circles from WRMK
Zig Real brushes- set of 12
Dye Inks: Jet black and Hot pink from Tubby Crafts
Misti
Wink of Stella: Clear glitter pen




13 comments:

Mervi said...

Gorgeous colouring, beautiful design and so fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Kathleen said...

Beautiful, bright and bold image, looks really great against the subtle background.
Thank you for joining our 'Seasons" challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

brenda said...

A delightfully bright and vibrant creation, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Seasons' theme at Allsorts challenge and also our March themes at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More.

B x

Viv said...

Such a colourful pretty card - thanks for sharing with us in our 'Rainbow' challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, such a beautiful and bright card! I love the colours and the interactive hummingbirds make it a fun card too. Thank you so much for playing along with the penny black and more challenge.
Linda

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! So Beautiful! Gorgeous card!

Theresa

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful design - such detail. Your coloring is amazing. This certainly is a unique creation! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Terri Winske said...

Your card is not only stunning but beautifully designed! So many gorgeous colors, and the hummingbirds are delightful with the sparkle on them! Thank you so much for joining our Interactive card challenge this week at Tuesday Throwdown!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! Vinita, this is stunning! I love hummingbirds - we put up feeders in the summer and they are a joy to see in action! I watched your video to see how your card works and it is so cool! Your colouring is gorgeous and I think this is my favourite card of yours ever! I am jealous of the person you are sending this card to! I love it!

Sally H said...

Another fabulous rainbow creation! Also Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us again at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Claudia said...

Hi there, what a wonderful creation, I just love the colours, your colouration and the great layout.

Thank you very much for sharing and for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia
DT Stempelgarten challenge


Monika Reeck said...

Gorgeous coloring that bird
Love it Vinita
and the flowers too
so beautiful coloring
and I believe this will be a winner
love your sponged BG in purple too
hugs
Monika

Dr. Neha Sanwalka said...

Beautiful card.. Thanks for playing along with us at The Twisted Challenges