Thursday 14 April 2022

You will reap what you saw!

Hello everyone!

Happy Thursday!

This time I explored Art Journaling with Mixed Media.

Here I created a vintage + Nature themed spread in blue hues for this page.

This Journal page has so many things that are my favourite and it also took me out of my comfort level. I wanted to give this page such wonderful textures.

I struggle a bit with a few things. This piece also has a rich meaning and I spent a lot of time searching for the papers, elements, and stickers that I used in this because they tell the story and the meaning.

The saying "you will reap what you saw" just hung in my heart this week so I knew I needed to create with it. The saying means "if you plant seeds or do something good, you should expect to reap rewards later."


I started playing with my liquid watercolours using a vintage damask stencil.



I wanted an aged and smudged look, I didn't want it to be perfect.
I added lots of textures, and interests to reveal underlayer papers where I wanted to show my stencilling parts. I added liquid watercolours poolside and evergreen with lots of water. Then outlined the areas with a black pen using the same stencil and some old script newspaper stamping using DO.




Well I found some Khaki paper bags and grey jute bags and decided to would give it a makeover.
 I recycled them to make my own little envelope by adding an old script sticker roll inside the envelope and cutting a jute bag piece for backing the envelope. Die-cut some wildflowers, sprigs.


Whilst I left my page to dry I started to gather some ephemera and a photo for my focal element and I layered it and glued them together ready to put on the pages.
Added some dried bunch of flowers to the hand with a piece os little vintage script sticker.



Before applying all the ephemera labels I applied golden texture paste for a mysterious look.
 I added different ephemera stickers with lots of paper layers, journaling labels, washi tapes.
Gave it some distressed, faded and scratched look by adding some pearl white acrylic colour.
I just love how it turned out.


I really wanted to tell the story through papers and journaling stickers. 


I added that envelope at my focal point to pop up.  to create with my wildflower garden. I wanted some dark flowers with soft look wild flowers as well.


I really discover and practise new ideas and put down some labels with my thoughts.
I added some white splatters to bring this piece together.


Adding quotes or texts is a good way to enhance the aesthetics. So I finished it up by writing this message!
Added those journaling labels.



I wanted the unfinished look of wax seal stamping saying You make me Happy.




Then distressed all along the page using Hickory smoke ink for the faded look as well and have some contrast.

This is a really cool feeling with cool colours for me with a vintage feel what this piece is all about. So every single piece related has meaning to my saying. 

The flowers are the growth, new buds, new beginnings, new life and those ephemeras tickets are the part of travel, the hand is representing my dream, creativity, pour some tender love and watch it grow. All those washi touches and splatters are the art of this nature's creative journey. Be patient and dreaming a good life!

It's not too late........You're not too young or too old...... It's just the right time to do what you've always wanted to do.........CREATE!

I hope this project inspired you!

Happy crafting!

Supply List

Art Journal Diary

Paper pack: Wild about blue 6"x 6" from CrafTangles, Beautiful flowers paper pack from Jags

Cardstocks: Rosewood CS from CrafTangles, Black CS

Liquid watercolours: Poolside and evergreen from CrafTangles

Stamp: Old newspaper from CrafTangles

Stencil: Vintage Damask from CrafTangles

Dies: Floral Springs (set of 5) and Line art flowers (set of 4) from CrafTangles

Texture paste: Golden Dragon from CrafTangles 

Sticker Rolls: Pretty plaid 1 and Old script from CrafTangles

Journal Stickers: Traveller from CrafTangles

Creativity Sentiments 2 from CrafTangles

Dry flowers: RAWDF-2 from CrafTangles

Wax seal beads: Metallic Blue from Craftangles

Wax spoon from CrafTangles

Sealing stamp: You make me happy

Acrylic Chalk Paint: Buttermilk from Little Birdie

Acrylic colour: pearl white Camlin brand

Distress Oxides: Mermaid lagoon and Hickory smoke

Add gel soft line black pen

Handmade paper Steel grey, washi tapes from my stash

Would love to join these fun challenges:

https://www.hndmd.com/articles/craftangles-monthly-challenge-2022-april/









1 comment:

Empire of the Cat said...

Great colours and collage. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx