Saturday 23 April 2022

April showers bring May flowers!

 Hello friends!

Happy Saturday!

April showers bring May flowers is the theme this fortnight and Pink and main is a generous sponsor. I came up with a different idea this time!



I started off by die cutting a pretty peony flower die and using the negative part of it. I used it as a stencil mask and applied distress inks shown in the above pic.


 I applied clear adhesive where the sequins would go. I used turquoise flower sequins to fill the solid flower area with sequins only.


I adhered the negative die portion of the die over top of the sequins and colored part. It changed up the whole view from normal to floral power!
Then I layered it up and added some splatters. Once this portion of the card was done I needed to find a sentiment to fit. And I found a perfect message for my card - Trust your crazy ideas!

Happy crafting!

Supply list

Cardstock: Whisper White and Turquoise CS

Dies: Pretty Peonies die set from Pink & main, Double-stitched rectangles from Peek-a-boo designs

Distress inks: Mawed lawn, twisted citron, salty ocean

Sentiment sheet: Motivational Sentiments 1 from CrafTangles

Sequins: Flower-shaped sequins in turquoise color

Water droplets

Would love to join these fun challenges:

https://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2022/04/week-673-i-spy-something-beginning-with.html- B for blue, blooms

http://alessandrasangels.blogspot.com/2022/04/challenge-57-and-winner-of-challenge-56.html



2 comments:

brenda said...

Such a pretty card Vinita, so effective with all the sequins. Just a shame it's not eligible at Allsorts as it's back-linked (posted yesterday before our challenge started).

B x

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!!! LOVE it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda