Thursday 17 February 2022

Beautiful Blooms III meet Dot Coloring Technique

 Hello to all!

Happy Friday!

Uniko stamps are celebrating their 10th Birthday this whole month. 

And Today I am CASEing one of the cards by its owner and talented designer Beverley Brown using the Dot coloring technique inspired by such an amazing crafter Jennifer Mcguire!

So here is my card for Today.......


I love this technique from my old days as I played this fun technique on my school projects. 
The touching of different alcohol markers using dots without any coloring made it so unique around the stamped florals.
Here is Bev's card I CASE'd. I was inspired by her rainbow color palette around the image. You can visit her page here.


I started by die cutting a double stitched panel and stamped the outlined florals first using my Misti in Jet black ink. Then stamped the detailing inside using blue, yellow, pink, red, green as my color palette.


 Then added dots around the outlined images and on detailing lines inside using various alcohol markers, this makes the image pop.


Stippling with alcohol markers is very relaxing and easy to do with results that I think are pretty pleasing. You can see the stipples in different colors that radiate out to thinner consistency then fade into white. The sentiment is from another set and I fussy cut and popped it using foam tape.
A close-up view:


Lots of good crafting vibes are headed your way!

Supply List
Cardstock: Whisper White CS
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms III and You are, Yes You stamp sets from Uniko
Dye Inks: frosty pink, coralberry, sea glass, buttercream, forest glades from Altenew
Alcohol markers: RV10, R11, B01, B02, Y11, Y15, YG03, YG17from Copics and 121, 198 from Touch markers
Archival ink: jet black
Misti

Would love to join these fun challenges:






8 comments:

brenda said...

Such an interesting and effective colouring technique Vinitia, thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges.

B x

MortiCraft said...

Beautiful card and a clever technique. Thanks for joining in with Uniko’s 10th birthday celebrations and for whole heartedly taking on the CASE-ing fun! X

Makira said...

πŸ’—πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ this rainbow card! You obtained a spectacular result with this, Vinita! Thank you for your continued support of our challenge. Hope to see you again soon. Cheers, Makira CO DT

Diane said...

Beautifully created with your technique for rainbow colors! Thank you for joining our challenge at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Ellibelle said...

So pretty and colorful! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Darlene said...

Oh Vinita this is just beautiful! What a fun technique! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
Darlene
COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Fiona said...

this is very effective vinita, I haven't seen this before but I think I am going to try it!

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x