Friday 7 May 2021

Live Love Laugh

 Hello, crafty people!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I created a floral image card with an encouraging sentiment to celebrate Mother's Day!.

The floral image is from Mudra Stamps and I watercoloured it! I continue to improve my watercolour skills.

I stamped the image in Tattered rose DI. I stamped this image on a Canson cold-pressed watercolor paper which has a texture that makes a painting on it easy. Then outlined the image lightly in the desired colour with my water brushes. Colouring was done with ZIG water brushes. I started watercoloring with light layers of colour and slowly added more layers.

I added a light yellow shade along with the floral and leaves outlines and then loosely watercoloured the background in soft rainbow colours. 

Added some white splatters. In the end, added a sentiment and lightly added a layer of perfect pearls with a dry brush for more interest and shine in person. And mounted my panel on a purple colour card base.

I am happy with how it turned out!

Hope this card has brightened your day!

Supply List

Cardstock:  Canson watercolor white CS 300gsm, purple CS

Stamps: Fresh cut roses from Mudra Stamps; Be stamp set from CAS-ual Fridays

Die: Stitched rectangles from Little Birdie

DI: Tattered rose

ZIG water brushes

Memento Ink: Grape Jelly

Chalk Paint: snow from Little Birdie

Perfect Pearls: Forever violet

Would love to join these fun challenges:


1 comment:

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the gorgeous flowers and the pretty background!! Love it!!
Have a great day,
Gerda