Thursday 29 July 2021

Winter fun with polar friends at Antarctica!

 Hello friends!

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I got to work with this nice stamp set Polar bear fun from Poppy stamps and combined it with another stamp set cute animals too and fun with Zig watercolour brushes!

I went for a clean and simple card with a lot of white space.

 Firstly I created an icy scene in the background to really flesh out the arctic home they live in and roughly drew an ice flow to sit my cute seal and slightly watercoloured the backgrounds with snow bergs. I stamped the cute baby polar bear and watercoloured too with some fishes in the cold water in Antarctica. And fussy cut the whole scene for more interest and dimension.

The funny seal is a critter that I stamped and coloured the little sweater in the traditional festive red colour with my Zigs and fussy cut. 


Stamped the sentiment and created some snowfall too using a white gel pen. I placed my seal image with dimension on my finished card to stand out a bit more.
I really have fun making this card. Hope you like it!
Happy crafting! 

Supply List

Cardstock: whisper white

Stamps: Polar bear fun from Poppy stamps; Cute animals from Itsy Bitsy (retired); sentiment is from Penguin Stamp set HOTP

ZIG watercolour brushes: carmine red, wine red, orange, brown, mid-brown, light blue, cobalt blue, blue, black, light grey

Archival inks: jet black and hickory smoke

white gel pen

Would love to join these fun challenges:

http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/2021/07/abc-christmas-challenge-n-and-o-are-for.html

https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2021/07/christmas-kickstart-challenge-52-woolly.html







5 comments:

Tristan said...

What a fabulous polar scene. Love the 3D look to those ice elements. Thanks for joining us at the CCC. Tristan DT.

Dotty Jo said...

What a great little scene! Love the seal in his winter sweater! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Shylaashree said...

pretty cute vinita. Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Lets Craft & Create Challenge. Hope to see you again

Shylaa DT@Lets Craft & Create
Adhiraacreations

Di said...

What a sweet card - you made a gorgeous background and I do so love the seal in his sweater!

Hugs

Di xx

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous scene. Love the seal. Thanks for joining the fun at Christmas Kickstart. Hugz