Monday 24 September 2018

Mandala Elegance stencil card!

Hey everyone!

Lots of amazing NEW products to be having fun with and I have some new oxide inks in the house! I had a lot of fun with my new stencil as my DT post inspirations!
A good combination for sure as the oxide inks blend so very well. The stencils are the focus on Today's cards.
The other card is on the next post.



 I have two techniques to share with you using the same Mandala stencil!!
First, create your own patterned paper with stencils.

Card#1



Here are a few steps for how I created my background.
I used the 8"x8" stencil to create my own background. Placed my mandala stencil on a whits CS. Then I used oxide inks with a finger dauber for each color to create the pattern and masked the white CS around the edges. I started at the centre of the pattern in a circular motion and added the color through the stencil using DO.
Once I had added all of the colors I removed the stencil carefully.




I didn't want to take anything away from the background, so to finish my first card I added a bold die cut word out of black CS with a sentiment strip from the Blooming Beauty critter sheet and some die cut hearts.





 I added some clear crystal drops to allow the color shine through the sentiment.

Supply List
Cardstocks: White CS 300 gsm, black CS
Critter sheets: Blooming Beauty from DCAM
Stencils: Mandala elegance from DCAM
Dies: scalloped Rectangles from DCAM; Believe word from Winnie&Walter, Hearts from Lawn Fawn
Distress oxides: squeezed lemonade, wilted violet, picked raspberry, mermaid lagoon, twisted citron
Sprinklers: Multicolor confetti from DCAM
Crystal Clear glitter drops: Nuvo

Would love to enter my card in the following challenges:
https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2018/09/hls-september-anything-goes-with-dies.html

http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2018/09/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-335.html- The bold die cut word and hearts are the snippets ( leftover white scraps and turned them now)

3 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty lovely designs Love Carole x

laurie said...

Beautiful background! Your card is gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Di said...

Fabulous work Vinita - as always! Really pretty.

Hugs

Di xx