Wednesday 26 September 2018

Live the life you love!

Hello friends!

Today's project is inspired by a fabulous sketch!



I started with the Mandala stencil on my card. I don't want to waste the ink which left over for the last card I created.
In this technique, I just sprayed some water using a mist bottle on the stencil which already inked (used for my first card) and quickly placed the stencil, took the pattern on another piece of white CS. Removed the stencil and I got my new pattern without wasting my ink.
You can keep the pattern same if you want to decorate it but I added a further step on it.
Here are the pics of procedure to understand:



I took my same stencil and placed carefully where I got these inked patterns and covered all around the edges with masking tape again.



Now I added Distress black soot ink to fill those empty space to fill. You can see how the colors are more intense!

  I converted this background pattern into a mixed media shaker card with the theme "Live the life you love!" I am in love with the new Blooming Beauty critter sheet, so pretty!!!




So I used this motif as a focal point with shaker elements and some embellishments using critter sheet florals to highlight this wonderful Blooming girl!
I fussy cut the beautiful lady, floral patterns along with a pair of shoes with text sentiment banner too from the critter sheets. Then I applied a thin line of clear crystal drops carefully on all the fussy cut-outs and embellishments.
Die cut rangoli frame out of the white sheet and white foam sheets, made a thick stack of them to move around my shaker elements easily.
I gave a watercolor wash effect to my duo die cut leaves.
Now adhered that stack of rangoli frame with acetate on it. In the window, ice glitter candy is poured and sprinkled some colorful confetti in it, so shimmery and shiny:)D.
Now created the whole scene with all the elements I put in. As the final step, I adhered a metal leaf and flower charm too and added clear crystal glitter to other pretty embellishments clustered around the frame.

Thank you so much for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed the project!

Supply List
Cardstocks: White CS 300 gsm, black CS, Navy blue CS
Acetate sheet; Foam sheet: white
Critter sheets: Blooming Beauty, watercolored florals from DCAM
Stencils: Mandala elegance from DCAM
Dies: Leaves duo, Leaves with tendrils, scalloped Rectangles from DCAM; Rangoli from Itsy Bitsy
Distress oxides: squeezed lemonade, wilted violet, picked raspberry, mermaid lagoon, twisted citron
Distress ink: Black soot
Sprinklers: Multicolor confetti from DCAM
Glitter: ice candy from DCAM
Crystal Clear glitter drops: Nuvo
Metal charms: leaf and a flower
String: double shade
Mulberry flowers

Would love to participate here:
http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/2018/09/tuesday-morning-sketches-472.html

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

This card is stunning - I love your technique. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Carol L said...

You put a lot of effort into this creation and it turned out just beautiful. Love that stenciling technique you used. Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you embellished it!
So glad you found us, and we hope to see you again!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That