Friday 30 July 2021

Deep underwater scene!

 Hello everyone!

Happy Saturday!

I absolutely love summer and underwater theme cards and made my own background! Are you ready to make it with me?

I have created a deep underwater background themed card combining different stamp sets and have a lot of details. I just love coral reefs from Tropical Scenes so much that I can't stop creating this ocean scene!

I am in Top 3! Yayyyy!

https://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2021/08/colors-of-summer-winners.html


It is a little big size card because it gave me a bit more space to work with. Firstly I blended some DI on a watercoloured sheet in a circular motion using a foam blending brush. Then die cutting a scalloped border rectangle frame out of this background.


Then stamped a shark, watercoloured it, added some dots to its body for some interest and fussy cut it.

Then I hand-painted directly some coral reefs, plants, starfish, seaweeds and sun rays in the water using acrylic paints to my background panel.  


 I added a cluster of small fishes in the deep water to the sunrays. A sea horse is stamped and heat embossed in white EP, watercoloured. I stamped some fish on a white CS and fussy cut them.

I handpainted a jellyfish in the end too!

Now arranged them all to create my scene in deep water. Added some dots for more interest. 

Added that scalloped frame which I made a stack of 4 in all for some dimension and added a sentiment in black.

Some close-ups:



I hope you like my underwater scene card and are inspired to create for the Cut It Up Challenge!

Happy crafting!

Supply List

Cardstock: watercoloured white CS

Stamps: You are so jaw-some stamp set from Craftyscrappers; underwater animals from Itsy Bitsy(retired); Mermaid stamp set from Mudra

Die: scalloped rectangle frames from Die cuts and more

Distress inks: tumbled glass, broken china, mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch, picket fence, hickory smoke

Archival ink: jet black and vibrant fuchsia

Acrylic colours: ultra white, ultramarine blue, orange, deep purple, sap green from Fevicryl

Blended brushes

acrylic block

Would love to join some fun challenges:

http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2021/07/colors-of-summer.html- inspired by summery colors and ocean beach

http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2021/07/weeks-501-502-anything-goes.html

http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/2021/07/challenge-173-ag-punch-it.html

http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2021/07/cardz-tv-anything-goes-challenge-146.html

http://scrappelyst.blogspot.com/2021/07/utfordring-for-juli-alt-er-lov.html











8 comments:

Hege said...

Herlig kort med undervannstema.
Fint å se fremgangsmåten for hvordan du lager bakgrunnen.
Takk for at du deltar hos Scrappelyst.

Diane said...

This is amazing!! I love everything about it, the colors, the background, the design, everything!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOW This is AWESOME Vinita and your hand drawings are FABULOUS! LOVE this underwater scene! EXCELLENT creation!! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Colors of Summer’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Vicki said...

Spectacular ocean scene, Vinita! Love the water design you've created. So many fun details. Love your whale image and the frame. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Colors of Summer" Challenge.

Jolanda's Blog said...

What a beautiful underwater scene you made!!!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Let’s Craft and Create Good luck and I hope you’ll join us next time again.
Jolanda
(DT member)

Gerda said...

WOW!!! This card is fin-tastic!!! Love it!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Gerda.

CA Scrapper said...


Vinita, I just love this card. You did an amazing job!! Have a great week.

Leslie

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such an awesome underwater scene, Vinita. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art and creativity with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com