Thursday 16 January 2020

Altered Box -Decoupage with new chalk paints

Hello everyone!
Happy Thursday!

I am back with a beautiful altered gift box.
The current ongoing challenge is using New Chalk Paints and I enjoyed using them!

I have a very beautiful dry fruit box in my stash for a long time. I wanted to perfect use of it and the moments I saw the newly launched chalk paints with decoupage papers, metal charms........... I know what to do and here it is!



First I primed the box as it is already covered with a designer paper, so I applied a layer of a diluted gesso.


Then applied new chalk paint Sangria which is so rich in color and can create a rusty look or shabby as well as vintage effect as per your desire.


I wanted a mix of both shabby and vintage look, so I chose a beautiful decoupage paper fairy blossom pack. To toned down the chalk paint colour effect I applied a coat of snow chalk paint over it. It dries so fast and quick! Then I applied a coat of Crackle medium with Basecoat and after drying I added Topcoat on it. Love the crackling effect on it.  Then I burnished glimmer moss metallic wax with a paper napkin and rubbed the extra carefully.


A close-up pic of crackling effect:


Have you go through the little Birdie metal charm accessories, beyond beautiful. For this, I choose a mask for my project along with some primed chippies.
I also added a thermocol half heart shape too. Now given a coat of Sangria chalk paints to all with Lime mint and snow chalk paint effect.



Created a border around my pic using a stencil with a grainy texture paste with a hint of some text using script stencil. Now playing with some Gold alcohol splash.


A rough pic how my mind come up to decorate and embellish now!


Enhanced the beauty of this projects using Handmade flowers!



On these,
 I applied Tinted metallic paint.



Finally adhered all the pieces along with handmade flowers, some chippies with Live your dreams
sentiment, mini pellets and some silicone moulds designer pieces too.
Highlighted the raised areas of my embellishments using Tinted Metallic paints.



Here is the opening of the box. It has a magnet inside and I added a cute handle to it using soft gel medium, a strong glue for all type of materials.





Some close-ups of the project:









Here is the inside while opening the box. 

Before 


After





I totally enjoyed the new chalk paints and cute metal charms. And try to bright colors in a balanced way to add cheer and warmth to your projects!

Happy crafting!
Love and Hugs!

Supply List from Little Birdie Products( Itsy Bitsy)

Stencils: Script; Designer borders
Chalk Paints: Sangria, Lime Mint, Butter Milk, Snow, 
Decoupage Paper: Fairy Blossom
Decoupage Glue: Matte
Grainy texture paste
Air-dry clay
Silicon Mould: Swirl Flourish
2 step Crackle medium: Base coat and Topcoat
Artists Gesso
Thermocol shape: Half heart
Craft Pellets: Mini
Metal Charms: Twin Mask, round hooks
Tinted Metallic Paints: Lime crush, Fire Brick
Metallic Wax: glimmer moss
Handmade Flowers: Elsie- carnation, Renae- pearl pink
Primed chipboard: Fancy oval frame, Floral corners, live your dream
Gold Alcohol Splash: Pink Punch and Gold nugget

8 comments:

Crafty Dreamers said...

Very beautiful

Krafty Kaylin said...

love the mixed media style with all the lovely flowers. thanks for joining us at JOSTTT.

Sandra Mastello said...

This is a stunning project and such a detailed account of how you created it, Thank you for sharing it with us at JOSTTT!

KT Fit Kitty said...

It's so pretty, Vinita! I can see how much work went into this gorgeous box and it was well worth it! Really loving how you arranged the flowers and the adorable vintage image! So many details! Beautiful work!

Fiona said...

Such a stunning box and I love seeing all the work that has gone into it - thanks for sharing with us at #JOSTTT - hope to see you again next month.

Angie McKenzie said...

Such a lovely mixed media box... you did wonders with the inside, too! Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT013 challenge.

libbystamps said...

What a detailed creation! Thank you for including my Tic Tac Toe challenge board in your list of challenges!

Laura's Craft Closet said...

Very gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us in the Joy of Sets challenge this month!