Saturday 20 October 2018

CASEing Alcohol ink Galaxy background with foil card!

Hello friends!
Happy festive day!

Hoping you are all enjoying and celebrating Dusshera festival in India!!!

Do you like Galaxy backgrounds!

Today is the turn for Cut It Up Challenges Inspiration post with the theme CASE another crafter's project this time.
I choose a galaxy theme and CASEing very Talented friend of mine Milka. I am CASEing two of her fabulous cards, from the first card I chose a galaxy background here and from the second card I choose the bold sentiment with planet earth here! She is a queen of making CAS cards!!!

Here is my card!




My project featuring alcohol inks instead of Distress inks, making a fun, bold galaxy background with silver foil. I love the contrast of the dark shiny night sky with the magic of Puffy sentiment effect, so perfect for it with a  planet Earth!!!



I started off inking up my Yupo glossy sheet with different colors of alcohol inks. Added some blending solution along the way many times to mix the colors and I also used a straw to help things along by blowing the inks.


After getting the desired look, while inks are already wet with some thick veins( lines) I grabbed up my silver foil sheet and placed it all over. You can see clearly in the close-up pics with silver foil touch. I took pictures from different angles too and tried to catch up the every little detail.



Give it a good press and leave it for a couple of minutes, you will get a good result then! So shimmery and shiny!!!




I took some white chalk paint, spritz some water. I used a toothbrush to splatter the paint and got the "millions of stars" look.
I stamped an earth planet and inked it with DI, adhered it on a stitched silver circle die. I adhered my main panel on a stitched silver die cut rectangle and then placed on a  textured white card base.

Hoping you enjoyed this fun-filled universe project!

Supply list

Cardstocks: Textured white CS, Alcohol ink CS- Yupo Gloss from Rangers
Glitter sheet: Silver
Stamps: Love notes (Earth image) from Avery Elle; tiny stories from jillibean soup;  Scenery: It's a wonderful Pennant( Used twinkling stars here) from W&WT
Dies: Double stitched rectangles and double stitched circles from Peekaboo Designs
Alcohol inks: Sailboat blue, Purple Twilight, Sunshine Yellow, Raspberry, Mixatives silver from Ranger
Alcohol ink blending solution
Dye inks: Aqua blue and Magenta from Tubby crafts
Embossing Glitter: White Puff Twinkle from Wow Embossing Powders
Versamark Embossing ink pad
Chalk Paint: Natural white from Papericious
Foil: Silver from Craftyscrappers

Would love to enter my card in the following challenges:
http://de-egel.blogspot.com/2018/10/oktober-challenge-66.html

7 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Wow, that background is stunning! Love the silver foil added!

Treva said...

Pretty color, it really stands out; thanks for sharing.

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! Your background looks AMAZING! So Pretty!

Theresa

Andree said...

A wonderful card, gorgeous colours and fabulous blends. Super technique with the inks and foil.
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Unknown said...

Mooi geworden. Bedankt dat je mee doet aan de Challenge van de Egel groetjes Sandra DT Egel

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

beautiful background for your fun card
thanks for joining us at HLS
Barb Housner

Susan Renshaw said...

Fabulous galaxy background!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
DT for AG with Dies
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!