Tuesday 4 July 2017

Altered glass!

Hello friends!
Happy Tuesday!

I am back after one month break. There is a reason behind it!

While working on some project last month Firstly my Bigshot machine handle got free, so sent it for the repairing and after few days when I got it back, my laptop hard disc was damaged with the blank ðŸ˜Ÿscreen , so was not able to post anything. And Yesterday I got a great and happy relief when I got my baby back!!! 😊😊

I did a GDT post for Rainbowcraftykari! Thank u so much Maninder for the great faith in me and the opportunity, feeling honoured!
I created two mixed media projects. And this is very long post with steps so I made an another post for the other project.
In this project, I altered a glass container which has a lid and converted them into this beautiful home decor piece!!!


Now let me show the steps how I created this MM altered art!

Step 1.
Take any plastic container, clean it properly from any stains or dust particles and dry it. Now apply spray paint on it. But for precaution keep the container in any box/carton and cover the glass with the spray paint. You can wear gloves too. Now let it dry for half an hour or little more.


Step 2:
I used different types of embellishments in this creation. In a picture frame, silicon mold using clear glue sticks and heat glue gun filled this mold.
Let it dry, hardly took 15 minutes. If you don't have glue gun and sticks you can also use dry clay which can be easily molded into any shape you wanted. Here I used it for a 3D baby mold, cover the space tightly as shown in the picture. Let it dry in the air, took one hour to dry properly.


Step3:
Now take out these embellishments from the mold carefully. Time to color them I used some alcohol inks, Fevicryl Pearl colors, some Inka gold from Viva in different colors.


Step 4.
The Inka Gold colors are so versatile you can apply them on any embellishment, it can even be diluted in water too. Here as shown in the pic, I first applied Gesso on all these embellishments using sponge, then the impact of color will be more bright and if you use black Gesso, it will create different textures. On the metal embellishments, I used a spray, Inka Gold, alcohol inks and burnished them with gold color for detailing work after drying. Even I applied Gesso to my trims to make them little thicker and applied different inks.
I applied Gesso on bamboo sticks and one of the pencil too.


Step 5:
On the glass container to create textures, I give it a coat of gesso and using a comb created a wood panel look. Now burnished the different mediums to highlight the details as shown in the pic.


Step 6:
Now start embellishing it. Using my glue gun I attached all the embellishments easily.


I added lots of different paper flowers, blings, jewel stones, fillers and added a sentiment too which I covered it with Inka Gold mediums. Now using tacky glue gel I spread crystal clear sparkle too.


This is the top, I covered it with a lace, pearl string, a beautiful trim butterfly and other embellishments.


Here is the Final pic!


I made a little video, here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUMvXT_k2R8

Hope you all enjoyed this project!

Crafty hugs!

Supply list:

Chipboards: Pattern chippies from Papericious
Laces &Trims: Leaves, Butterfly from Papericious
Gesso: Sakura Acrylic
Molds: Picture frame and 3D baby from The Craft Shop
Sculpt dry clay
Inka Gold: Turquoise, Haematite, Platinum, old gold
Alcohol inks: Sailboat Blue and Raspberry
Spray Paint: Shifeng Blue from ABRO
Fevicryl Hobby Ideas Sparkling pearl colors: Golden Green, Turquoise blue, light pink, Pearl Blue
Tacky Clear Gel glue
Hot glue gun and clear melt sticks
Big Shot
Other embellishments: Pearl string, lace border, blings, jewel stone, crystal clear sparkle, fillers, metal roses, MDF sentiment, different flowers, a bow

Would love to participate in the following challenges:
http://papericiousindia.blogspot.in/2017/06/papericious-june-challenge-try.html

http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.in/2017/07/challenge-70-every-day-is-special-with.html- The paper flowers are handmade
http://studio75pl.blogspot.in/

http://kortudfordring.blogspot.in/2017/07/utfordring-179-alt-er-lov.html
http://craftaddictionchallenge.blogspot.in/2017/07/challenge-0708-zomervakantie.html
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/#
http://mixedmediaworld.blogspot.in/2017/06/mmw26-anything-mixed-media-goes.html
http://scrapki-wyzwaniowo.blogspot.in/2017/07/july-2017-beauty-1st-reveal.html








15 comments:

Pooja Sharma said...

Beautiful alteration

Hetty said...

What a great creation, Vinita and I am glad you are back.
Sorry you had these technical problems. You sure made up for it with this awesome project.

Maura said...

Awesome transformation, Vinita! Who would ever guess the simple glass underneath all of this gorgeousness!! I'm so glad you joined us for our Red, White and Blue challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

talkis23 said...


I'ts a Stunning project thanks for playing with Scrapki this month!!!!

Anonymous said...

Once again you have created a great piece. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Great example of recycling, love it :) Thank you so much for joining us at Papericious :)

Anita van Merode said...

Beautiful !! Thank you for joining us Challenge blog CraftAddiction.
Greetings Anita DT

Irit Shalom said...

Perfect fantastic altered project! Good luck with our Papericious challenge!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Gorgeous creation, Vinita! Thanks for joining us at Papericious June Challenge.

Barb said...

Two really stunning pieces Vinita. Wonderful alteration work. Glad to hear everything is working for you now! Barbxx

Priya said...

Wow! so many details! I simply loved the way to showed the process in pictures! The project came out really well! Thank you for playing along Papericious June challenge with us!

Ujjwal said...

Love all the details and thank you for sharing the step by step tutorial as well! Good luck with the Papericious Challenge!

crafty D said...

Lovely. Thanks for participating The Papericious challenge

Shylaashree said...

you have beautifully transformed it vinita. great work
Thank you for joining us at Unstampabelles Challenge.
Shylaa DT
Adhiraacreations

Karolina Czołba said...

Such a great idea Vinita ! Thank you for joining us at Studio 75 challenge :)