Monday 9 February 2015

A day of Dlight


Hi all!!
 I'm back with a very different creation and learned a new simple foiling technique by super talented Jennifer Mcguire!! I adore her works :)
This layout is from CAS(E) this sketch! (CTS109) and I like how it turned out!
 
 
     I started with stamping the different borders in the shades of blue, pink, red  and orange on a piece of white CS. Then placed some foil adhesive sheet in between the borders.
  I cut a panel of white card on which I created a distress watercolor wash technique in valentine colors and stamped a sentiment. Added a butterfly out of this border scrap with a vellum for a soft look.  I adhered this to some raspberry pink card and then attached it to the foil sheet and then on the white card base. I finished it off with few half pearls and water droplets.
Hope you like it!
Supplies used:
Distress inks-Picked raspberry, festive berries, ripe persimmon, salty ocean
Memento luxe- nautical blue, Color box-bubblegum, Archival ink-cornflower blue and jet black, Crystal craft inks-red, florescent pink,
Dots and grunge stripes from Itsy Bitsy, Chevron borders from Prima, Borders from WR Memory keepers, Borders from Kaisercraft-Bluebelie
Spellbinder nestabilities-A2 curved matting basics A
Sizzix Hero Arts- framelits die & stamp Flowers and Butterflies
Sentiment from Jags-Messages
Glossy accent, mist bottle

I would like to enter my creation in following challenges:
http://casethissketch.blogspot.in/
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.nl/
http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.co.uk/p/new-challenge.html
http://www.scrapyland-blog.com/
Cosmic Colours Challenge #10
http://cosmicstrawberry-colette.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/cosmic-colours-challenge-10.html

 

8 comments:

Hannelie said...

So beautiful Vinita! Love the water colors peeking from behind the butterfly!
Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

Lori Kobular said...

Love the butterfly on this very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #11!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Vinita!! I love the beautiful butterfly!! The water color background looks amazing!! What a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Vinita, such lovely colours and the foiling looks fabulous.
Pauline
x

Monika Reeck said...

I love your sweet little butterfly Vinita so sweet and love the foiling too..Jennifer always make a great tutorial I love to see her Video too...your card is so sweet and awesome..I love the color combo
hugs, Monika

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card, Vinita! I am inspired by Jennifer McGuire too - I like to watch her videos! I have not tried this foiling technique yet - yours turned out so lovely! I like the stamps and colours you used for the stripes! The layered butterfly is a nice touch!

Leigh Penner said...

So pretty! I love the watercolour effect! Great take on the sketch!

Colette said...

Beautiful card Vinita. Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours :o) xx