Sunday 24 March 2019

Faux Stained glass Flower Power!

Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday!

Today I am sharing a CAS card with Faux Stained Glass technique!


.



I used my Zig brush markers to color these blossoms, they are a perfect medium to color them.


Firstly I started off by die cutting my Vespertine Blossoms from a heavy white cardstock 4 times to make a good stack. These were layered up with liquid glue. Once again from a white card panel, I remained the die cut inlay in a white card panel.  I used the negative parts to color my blossoms. 


Then I decided to color the leaves of the top layer stacked too with a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush pen combining with Zigs! Stamped the sentiment using Zig again with a cute flutterby. Added a touch of shimmer again to create the shimmery background for more glam look!





And added that die cut blossom to the white panel which fit in just like a puzzle piece.


I finished it by adding Dimensional magic for the stained glass effect in each section of the blossom and let it dry properly overnight.
I really enjoyed this beautiful technique!

Happy Weekend!

Supply List
Cardstock: White CS 300 gsm
Die: Vespertine Blossoms from Memory Box
Stamp: Thought for the day from Inkadinkado
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
Dimensional Magic: Mod Podge
Wing Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen

17 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty the colours are lovely Carole x

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the shimmer on the flower inserts. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week with this gorgeous card. Hugs Mrs A.

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful technique are you showing us. I love it :) It's a wonderful card.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Jo said...

À beautiful design and love the colours for this bouquet. Great stained glass approach, a great CAS card.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! Xx

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful design and execution!! Love the faux stained glass look! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Stunning
I love your faux Stained Glass idea
this flowers looks so shiny inside wooohoo
Love the look Vinita
Adorable Color combo and design
hugs
Monika
PS: see you around again and thanks for your lovely comment sweety

Loll said...

Fantastic work with the faux stained glass technique. Love the colours of your gorgeous flowers. Wonderful watercolour and layering with the gloss to create an amazing stained glass flower bouquet! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card, and I really love the look of that faux stained glass technique. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Time on My Hands said...

Just a beautiful card the stained glass look with the shimmer looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps. Barb

Linda said...

These look so pretty. Thabnk you for playing along with the Craft Stamper and the HLS CAS challenges xx

Doni High said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the stained glass technique...now I'm all excited to give it a try. Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps Challenge. Doni (DT)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful flowers, Vanita! I love how you've colored them! Coloring the top leaves and adding Wink of Stella was a wonderful idea. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

That pretty die is perfect for the stained glass technique. Such beautiful colours and love the hint of bling. Wonderful card for the CAS Mix Up Challenge....Thank you x.

Gerrina said...

These layers all together make it into a beautiful card! Great to see all those techniques on one card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Julene Matthews said...

This is beautiful. I love how the blue looks like glass.
Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

Buffy Burnside said...

This is just beautiful, I love the colors! thanks for playing along with us over at Archiscraps!

laurie said...

Your blooms are so stunning..such a pretty card!Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!